Sunday, November 6, 2011

Observation 3: Thursday, November 3

Unfortunately I was unable to take any photos this week due to having very little time, but I did oberve some interesting changes this week.

There seemed to be more Tachysoma this week.  There were fewer that I could observe last time, but this week they seemed to have increased in number again.  There appeared to be about the same amount of gastrotrich. 

In the bottom of my microaquarium there were a couple noteworthy changes:  There were masses of filamentous algae growing from the sediment, and in and around it there were hundreds of what I assume were some kind of colonial green algae.  These seem to have "replaced" the diatoms that initially dominated the bottom of the aquarium.  Whereas for the first couple observations the diatoms were too numerous to really count, it was somewhat a rarity to even see one this week. 

I did not observe any "new" organisms this week, and am still working on identifying those that I haven't been able to yet.  When I was finished observing I topped it off with some distilled water.

No comments:

Post a Comment